Operations Associate (Part-time Casual)
|Open Date||Aug 05 2021 - 10:24:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Operations Associate (Part-time Casual)||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
|Salary Range||$16.15 - $16.65 per hour|
Position Description: Part-time Operations Associates are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of City of Waterloo recreation facilities.
Rate of Pay: $16.15 - $16.65 per hour
Primary Work Location: RIM Park, Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex (WMRC), or Albert McCormick Community Centre.
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.
- Ensuring facilities are cleaned and maintained at a high level and ready for use
- Helping to meet requirements for programs and special events (including setup, takedown, etc.)
- Maintaining a safe environment for coworkers and the general public.
- Identifying and reporting any safety hazards or damage to the facility or equipment
- Communicating and interacting effectively with other facility staff and coworkers
- Providing excellent customer service to users of the facility
- Performing opening and/or closing duties, including key holding responsibilities
- Assisting the Facilities Operations Team with converting the arena for events (includes some lifting, standing, pushing, pulling, etc.)
- Seasonal work includes removal of snow, salting of areas surrounding the building, grass cutting, and trimming
- Attend training and staff meetings as requested
- Some secondary school education or equivalent
- General labor or maintenance experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated familiarity with tools and maintenance equipment
- Basic knowledge of recreation facility operations and/or custodial duties
- Basic understanding of health & safety principles such as safe handling of cleaning products and safe use of equipment
- Ability to plan daily tasks and organize workload with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for communicating with the team and the general public
- Physically able to perform the activities of the job
- A satisfactory police criminal record and judicial matters check will be required as a condition of hire
Online Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume, and attached supplementary interview form in one document through the online application process. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and retained on file for six (6) months. Vacancies will be filled as needed.
Be You @ Waterloo: At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation: The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at email@example.com, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known