|Open Date||Oct 03 2019 - 08:00:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Bartender||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||up to 24|
|Education||High School Diploma|
Bartender (Part Time/Casual)
Recreation and Facility Services is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for food and beverage preparation and service at The Benchwarmer, a fully licensed restaurant located in RIM Park Manulife Financial Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre.
Hours: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend, and holiday shifts. Work hours are subject to flexibility and change based on organizational needs.
Rate of Pay:$12.20/hour
Primary Work Location: RIM Park Manulife Financial Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre*
- Prepare and serve beverages in a professional, efficient and safe manner
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, resolve customer concerns and complaints
- Daily cash handling and associated reporting; reconcile and balance revenues
- Compliance with Alcohol and Gaming Commission legislation
- Provide excellent customer service to the public
- Maintain inventory and control of bar stock, including the ability to position beverage drums with assistance
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1 year of bartending experience preferred
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Solid mathematical and cash-handling skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other members of the Food Services team and City staff, as well as the general public
- Smart Serve Certified with knowledge of Alcohol and Gaming Commission legislation
- A satisfactory police Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check will be required as a condition of hire
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached availability sheet in one document when you apply.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
*Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations. You may be required to work at other City of Waterloo locations.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.