|Open Date||Mar 01 2019 - 12:00:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Operations Associate||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
|Education||Other / Autre|
Part-Time Operations Associate
Position Description: Part-time Operations Associates are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of City of Waterloo recreation facilities.
Rate of pay: $14.00 - $14.40/hour
Primary work location: RIM Park, Waterloo Memorial Recreation Centre and Albert McCormick Community Centre.
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Ensuring facilities are cleaned and maintained at a high level and ready for use
- Helping to meet requirements for programs and special events (including setup, takedown, etc.)
- Maintaining a safe environment for coworkers and the general public
- Identifying and reporting any safety hazards or damage to the facility or equipment
- Communicating and interacting effectively with other facility staff and coworkers
- Providing excellent customer service to users of the facility
- Performing opening and/or closing duties, including key holding responsibilities.
- Assisting the Facilities Operations Team with converting the arena for events (includes some lifting, standing, pushing, pulling, etc.)
- Seasonal work includes removal of snow and salting of areas surrounding the building.
- Some secondary school education or equivalent.
- General labour or maintenance experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated familiarity with tools and maintenance equipment.
- Basic knowledge of recreation facility operations and/or custodial duties.
- Basic understanding of health and safety principles such as safe handling of cleaning products and safe use of equipment.
- Ability to plan daily tasks and organize workload with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for communicating with the team and general public.
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check satisfactory to the City is required immediately upon hire.
Resumes will be retained on file for six months and will be reviewed on an as-needed basis. Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached availability sheet in one document when you apply.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.