Food Services Associate
|Open Date||Jan 02 2020 - 08:10:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Food Services Associate||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
Food Services Associate (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: Recreation and Facility Services is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for concession food and beverage preparation and service at the City of Waterloo’s recreation facilities.
Rate of Pay: $14.00 - $14.40
Primary Work Locations: RIM Park Manulife Sportsplex*
Hours of Work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Work hours are subject to flexibility and change based on organizational needs.
- Prepare and serve food and beverages in a professional, efficient and healthy manner, including catering duties as assigned
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, resolve customer concerns and complaints
- Daily cash handling and associated reporting; reconciling and balancing revenues
- Knowledge of and compliance with regulations and safe food handling procedures
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work area
- Providing excellent customer service to the public
- Other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work experience in a customer service environment is an asset
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Safe food handling certification would be considered an asset
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other members of the Food Services team and City staff, as well as the general public
- Solid mathematical and cash-handling skills
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check satisfactory to the City is required immediately upon hire.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached availability sheet in one document when you apply.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
*Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.