Line Cook (Part-time Casual)
|Open Date||Aug 19 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Line Cook (Part-time Casual)||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||Up to 24 hours/week|
|Salary Range||$16.15 - $16.65 per hour|
Line Cook (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: Recreation and Facility Services is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for consistent, efficient and healthy food preparation to support concession and restaurant operations at the City of Waterloo’s recreation facilities.
Rate of pay: $16.15 - $16.65 per hour
Primary Work locations: RIM Park Manulife Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week including morning, evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Work hours are subject to flexibility and change based on organizational needs.
Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations. You may be required to work at other City of Waterloo locations.
• Understands and ensures compliance with safe food handling procedures
• Maintains a clean, sanitary and organized work area
• Consistently produces quality products by adhering to specifications and standards
• Demonstrated knowledge of safe operating and maintenance procedures for all kitchen equipment
• Responds promptly to customer inquiries and requests and works to resolve customer concerns and complaints in an effective manner
• Other related duties as assigned
• Some secondary school education or equivalent
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Minimum of 1 year of related experiences in a food services environment
• Safe food handling certification would be considered an asset
• Demonstrates a commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other members of the Food Services team and City staff, as well as the general public
• A satisfactory police Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Online Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume, and attached supplementary interview form in one document through the online application process. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and retained on file for six (6) months. Vacancies will be filled as needed.
Be You @ Waterloo: At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation: The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known.