Executive Administrative Assistant to the Commissioner Corporate Services
|Open Date||Apr 29 2021 - 07:41:00 AM||Close Date||May 16 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Executive Administrative Assistant to the Commissioner Corporate Services||Posting Type||Regular Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Regular|
|Department Group||Financial Services||Hours per Week||35 hours per week|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 years|
|Salary Range||$56,418 to $70,524|
A full-time opportunity exists for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide administrative and technical support to the Commissioner Corporate Services. This position will also provide support to the Chief Financial Officer and the City Treasurer. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, an understanding of Corporate Service’s strategic priorities, the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and strong technical abilities working with virtual platforms, audio visual equipment, software programs, etc.
- Provide administrative, research and communications support to the Commissioner Corporate Services, Chief Financial Officer and City Treasurer including departmental correspondence and presentations, attend meetings, prepare agendas, briefing packages, record meeting minutes, file management in accordance with retention schedules, maintain calendar and schedule meetings/appointments utilizing software for efficient meeting management, as required
- Provide administrative support to the City’s Audit committee (advisory committee to council) and various committees; ensure Audit committee correspondence requirements are adhered to
- Maintain the utmost discretion with respect to the Commissioner, Chief Financial Officer and City Treasurer’s roles and operations, and demonstrate support for the departmental and corporate values
- Act as a confidential liaison between Commissioner Corporate Services, the Chief Financial Officer, the City Treasurer, Corporate Services Leadership Team, council, employees, legal office, public and other municipalities
- Participate in departmental and corporate initiatives as required, including planning and/or assisting with departmental and Corporate-wide events
- Format, transcribe, edit and/or design a variety of documents as required by the Commissioner, the Chief Financial Officer, and the City Treasurer including forms, correspondence, reports and procedure manuals
- Arrange for printing and/or production of various documents, order supplies and maintain office inventory
- Arranging for/providing back up to Revenue Services when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Coordination of various processes:
- Coordinate and assist in preparing, circulating and obtaining signatures for confidential documents, service agreements, contracts and reports within the Open Text electronic content management system for the Commissioner, Chief Financial Officer and the City Treasurer
- Coordinate Council meeting agenda items including providing report numbers and coordinating the circulation for electronic approval
- Coordinate conference and travel arrangements for the Commissioner, the Chief Financial Officer and City Treasurer, including the preparation of expense claims and conference background materials
- Ensure any Corporate Services authored Council reports and other general documents are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA)
- As a member of the Records Management Liaison Group, coordinate departmental records management activities including but not limited to coordinating records disposition processes for the Commissioner, Financial Services, Fleet and Procurement and other divisions within Corporate Services in accordance with record retention schedules, including inputting records in the Open Text electronic content management system, in partnership with Legislative Services
- Liaise with Corporate Communications regarding Council presentations and media responses
- Assist in the management of Financial Services divisions’ website content, act as the web administrator, in collaboration with Corporate Communications
- Manage the Financial Services’ intranet (Jostle) library including posting new articles, team meeting schedules updating library documents, etc.
- Assist in annual budget preparation, prepare expense reports, journal entries, , FMW budget request inputter and assist with letters of credit
- Process the collection of cash donations on behalf of the City including submission of applicable forms and receipts
- Create requisitions and purchase orders, arrange for payment of invoices including weekly invoice processing support for Fleet & Procurement and other divisions within Corporate Services as required, reconcile monthly credit card reports, and resolve discrepancies.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration or a related field. An equivalent combination of education, experience and training in related areas may be considered
- Three (3) years of senior level administrative experience with considerable knowledge of financial and municipal processes
- Strong technology skills including experience utilizing electronic meetings and conferencing solutions with an ability to leverage new technology to provide efficient and effective service to the department
- Excellent communication skills including strong written composition and presentation preparation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills involving an ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in varied interactions with constituents, elected officials, external groups and staff
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a fast paced environment characterized by changing priorities while attending to details
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to handle changing priorities and fluctuating work volumes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with all staff, and members of the public
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential issues and information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and PeopleSoft Financials and a proven ability to learn new computer programs or software eg. OpenText Enterprise Content Management System, Prezi, etc.
- A satisfactory Police Record and Judicial Matters Check will be required as a condition of hire
Please Note: Candidate testing may be required as part of the recruitment process
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in one document through the online application process.
All qualified City of Waterloo employees may apply, however during the selection process there is a specific sequence that will be followed. Members of the City of Waterloo Staff Association who have completed their probationary period in their most recent position will be considered first for this posting.
Be You @ Waterloo
At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known.