|Open Date||Mar 01 2019 - 12:00:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Custodial Associate||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
Custodial Associate (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: Part-time Custodial Associates are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of City of Waterloo recreation facilities.
Rate of Pay: $14.00 - $14.40 per hour
Primary Work Location: RIM Park, Waterloo Memorial Recreation Centre & Albert McCormick Community Centre*
Hours of Work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend and holiday shifts. **
RIM Park: Primary hours are 6:00PM to 2:00AM
WMRC: Primary weekday hours are 3:00PM-9:00PM and Weekend hours are 11:00 AM– 7:00 PM
- Ensuring facilities are maintained at a high level of housekeeping and ready for use
- Providing excellent customer service to users of the facility
- Patrolling the cleaning of washrooms and collection of garbage and recycling
- Sweeping and mopping, including dust mopping, of washrooms, hallways and banquet halls
- Auto scrubbing of floors
- Cleaning of rink side change rooms, as required
- Helping to meet requirements for programs and special events
- Ensuring equipment is properly maintained
- Maintaining a safe environment for coworkers and the general public
- Identifying and reporting any safety hazards or damage to the facility or equipment
- Communicating and interacting effectively with other facility staff and coworkers
- Performing opening and/or closing duties, including key holding responsibilities
- Some secondary school education or equivalent
- General custodial or housekeeping experience is an asset
- Basic understanding of health & safety principles such as safe handling of cleaning products and safe use of equipment
- Ability to plan daily tasks and organize workload with minimal supervision
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills for communicating with the team and general public
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check satisfactory to the City is required immediately upon hire
Resumes will be retained on file for six months and will be reviewed on an as-needed basis. Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached availability sheet in one document when you apply.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
* Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.
** Shift premium applies between the hours of 12:00 AM – 7:00 AM