Sports Program Associate (Part-time Casual)
|Open Date||Aug 03 2021 - 07:10:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Sports Program Associate (Part-time Casual)||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Recreation Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
|Salary Range||$16.70 - $17.20|
Sports Program Associate
Position Description: Sports Program Associates assist with the delivery and maintenance of Community Adult Recreation Leagues (CARL) programming, PickupHub (PUH) sports activity and various Drop-In Programs at the City of Waterloo.
Rate of Pay: $16.70 - $17.20 per hour
Work Location: RIM Park Manulife Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre, Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex, and Albert McCormick Community Centre
Hours of work: Typically 6-12 hours per week, though up to 24 hours per week may be required. Shifts are scheduled on weekends from 8AM until as late as 12AM and weeknights from 8PM until as late as 12AM. A schedule is established at the beginning of each session, though flexibility may be required depending on operational and staffing needs.
Please note that this position requires access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.
• Monitor attendance and participant behaviors for all Direct Delivery programs including CARL, PickupHub and Drop-In programs
• Provide excellent customer service to program participants through direct interactions and client engagement
• Ensure all programs operate within the City’s Behavior Management Policy and any specific rules/structures
• Ensure that facilities and resources assigned for activities are maintained and ready for use
• Conduct set ups / take down of basic sport equipment and supplies (training provided)
• Identifying and report any safety hazards or damage to the facility or equipment
• Provide concise written reports, data collection and nightly activity summary
• Communicate and interact effectively with other facility staff and coworkers
• Oversee league referees/officials if required
• Sports Program Associates assisting with some summer CARL programs may be required to drive a City of Waterloo vehicle in performing job duties
• Post-secondary education in a related field (Recreation & Leisure or Sports Administration would be considered an asset)
• Experience monitoring or participating in adult recreation leagues or programming
• Working knowledge of computer programs, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• Written report writing skills
• Familiarity with municipal recreation departments or outdoor parks operations is an asset
• Standard First Aid/CPR certification (or willing to obtain within the first month of employment)
• A valid MTO ‘G2’ or ‘G’ class driver’s licence in good standing with driver’s abstract acceptable to the City will be required for Sports Program Associates assisting with some summer CARL programs
• A satisfactory Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Checks will be required as a condition of hire
Online Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume, and attached supplementary interview form through the online application process. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and retained on file for six (6) months. Vacancies will be filled as needed.
Be You @ Waterloo: At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation: The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known.