Customer Service Associate (Part-time Casual)
|Open Date||Aug 18 2021 - 08:29:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Customer Service Associate (Part-time Casual)||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Recreation Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
|Salary Range||$17.45 - $17.95|
Customer Service Associate (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: Part-time Customer Service Associates are responsible for front line customer service and reception duties at recreation facilities within the City of Waterloo.
Rate of Pay: $17.45 - $17.95 per hour
Primary Work Locations: Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex (WMRC) or RIM Park Manulife Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre.
Hours of Work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Work hours are subject to flexibility and change based on organizational needs.
RIM Park: Primary weekday hours are 4:00PM - 12:00AM and weekend hours are 6:00AM- 11:00PM.
WMRC: Primary weekday hours are 6:00AM- 11:00PM and Weekend hours are 7:00AM- 9:30PM.
Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.
- Ensuring an exceptional customer experience for City of Waterloo facility guests.
- Addressing general inquiries from members of the public and helping to address any issues or concerns.
- Providing guests of our facilities with information about recreational programs, registration and revenue collection for various programs.
- Answering telephones and directing customers as required.
- Following all daily cash handling procedures, including reporting, while ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reconciling and balancing revenues, facility bookings, admissions and rentals.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for coworkers and the general public, including identifying and reporting any safety hazards or damage to the facility or equipment.
- Communicating and interacting effectively with other facility staff and coworkers.
- Opening and closing duties and other administrative tasks as required.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience providing front line customer service.
- Experience in handling cash and related administrative duties.
- Sound customer-service focus with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word).
- Previous experience using booking and registration software. (i.e. CLASS or ActiveNet) would be considered an asset.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Online Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume, and the attached supplementary interform form in one document through the online application process. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and retained on file for six (6) months. Vacancies will be filled as needed.
Be You @ Waterloo: At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation: The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known.