Municipal Law Enforcement Officer – Snow and Ice
|Open Date||Sep 30 2021 - 08:24:00 AM||Close Date||Oct 22 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Municipal Law Enforcement Officer – Snow and Ice||Posting Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Fixed Term|
|Department Group||Municipal Enforcement Services||Hours per Week||35 hours/week*|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||0 years|
|Salary Range||$21.32- $26.65|
Three (3) temporary fixed-term, full-time positions exist for a Municipal Law Enforcement Officer to assist with the enforcement of the Snow and Ice By-law for the winter months.
- Enforce the restrictions of the Snow and Ice By-law on all city sidewalks through the issuance of orders and tickets and by facilitating sidewalk clean-ups
- When violations are observed, interact directly with person(s) to ensure compliance with by-laws is achieved
- Manually and electronically record information/facts with respect to investigations
- Enforce parking restrictions on all city streets, private property, and City parking lots through the issuance of penalty notices (parking tickets)
- Provide back-up to other enforcement officers as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Law and Security diploma or the equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Experience in municipal law enforcement, security and/or municipal operations
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written, to deal effectively with the public in a non-confrontational manner as well as in the operation of a two-way radio system
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to properly complete documentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong keyboarding skills
- Valid MTO ‘G’ class driver’s licence in good standing with driver’s abstract acceptable to the City is required to perform the job
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain
- A Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the City will be required as a condition of hire
In accordance with the City of Waterloo’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, new City of Waterloo employees (or employee’s re-hired after a minimum of 3 months) are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire, subject to accommodations required in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
*Hours Of Work:
- The ideal candidate must have the flexibility and availability to work a variety of shifts as required
- Standard shifts are typically Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm, however shifts may be altered to provide extended coverage depending on snow conditions, special events, and peak times of the year
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in one document through the online application process. For posting and application details please visit: www.waterloo.ca/careers
All qualified City of Waterloo employees may apply, however during the selection process there is a specific sequence that will be followed. Members of the City of Waterloo Staff Association who have completed their probationary period in their most recent position will be considered first for this posting.
Be You @ Waterloo
At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known.