Sports Program Associate
|Open Date||Mar 28 2019 - 10:00:00 AM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Sports Program Associate||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||up to 24|
|Education||Other / Autre|
CARL Associate (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: CARL Associates assist with the delivery and maintenance of Community Adult Recreation Leagues (CARL) programming at the City of Waterloo.
Rate of Pay: $14.40 - $14.80 per hour
Primary Work Locations: RIM Park Manulife Financial Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre*
Hours of work: Typically 6-12 hours per week, though up to 24 hours per week may be required. Shifts are scheduled for Sunday to Friday evenings (typically 8:00pm until as late as 12:00am). A schedule is established at the beginning of each session, though flexibility may be required depending on operational and staffing needs.
- Monitor league play and attendance for CARL programs
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants
- Communicate and interact effectively with other facility staff and coworkers
- Ensure that facilities and resources used by the leagues are maintained and ready for use
- Identifying and reporting any safety hazards or damage to the facility or equipment
- Oversee league referees/officials if required
- Assist with special events including setup, takedown, parking and monitoring of admissions
- From time to time CARL Associates may be required to drive a City of Waterloo vehicle in performing job duties
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Recreation & Leisure Studies would be considered an asset)
- Experience monitoring or participating in adult recreation leagues or programming
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Written report writing skills
- Familiarity with municipal recreation departments or outdoor parks operations is an asset
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification (or willing to obtain within the first month of employment)
- A G2 or G class drivers license with a Driver’s Abstract Check satisfactory to the City is a condition of your employment. It is expected that you will drive responsibly and maintain a safe driving record for the duration of your employment with the City of Waterloo
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check satisfactory to the City is required immediately upon hire
Resumes will be retained on file for six months and will be reviewed on an as-needed basis. Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached availability sheet in one document when you apply.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
*Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.