Network Administrator and Infrastructure Analyst
|Open Date||Sep 10 2019 - 09:03:00 AM||Close Date||Oct 01 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Network Administrator and Infrastructure Analyst||Posting Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Contract|
|Department Group||Information Management and Technology Services||Hours per Week||35*|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||5 years|
|Salary Range||$36.07 to $45.08 per hour|
The Network Administrator and Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for administration, maintenance and support City’s Systems, Networks, Telecommunications and Security infrastructures.
Build, configure, deploy and maintain servers in physical and virtual environment (vmware) to ensure connectivity and high performance standards
Monitor servers and schedule preventative maintenance
Maintain and support City network Infrastructure (LAN, WAN & Wifi).
Maintain voice, data and communication infrastructure (Cisco VoIP and Voice mail, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Exchange server 2016 & Office 365).
Setup and maintain user accounts in active directory and exchange mailboxes
Actively monitor and maintain City security infrastructure, analyze network security and perimeter security devices
Maintain systems security, endpoint security, user access and file security, such as firewalls, load balancers, and servers security
Monitor and maintain system backups
Maintain and setup mobile devices (smartphones, cell phones and tablets)
Provide support to end users for any system issues and providing support to Technical Support Team, Software & DBA Team, GIS Team
Perform and take on other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Network and Security Technology, Computer Systems Technology or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in network and system administration
- Must have technical knowledge and experience in server, network and security technologies (Windows 2012 and later, Domain Controllers & Active Directory, security, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Group policy), server virtualization in vmware, setup and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge in OS deployment on servers, including Microsoft Server 2012 & later, Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the following: L2/L3 protocols in a TCP/IP network, network security principles and technologies such as VPNs, IPS, firewalls, anti-spam, anti-virus solutions and management systems, TCP/IP network design and troubleshooting including wireless, switching and routing technologies, Storage Area Networking (SAN) technology, backup and recovery systems
- Experience deploying network equipment, upgrading existing equipment and applying security patches
- Knowledge in tools used for proactive network monitoring and network scanning/auditing
- Related experience with Cisco Unified Communications and networking would be an asset
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively compose technical documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to interact effectively with customers, coworkers and other stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated analytical ability to support users
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment with a positive attitude
- Industry certifications in Cisco & Microsoft (CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP) are considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated hands-on experience in Cisco Routing and Switching, Cisco Unified communications (VoIP), Exchange Server infrastructure, vmware environment
- A valid Class G driver’s license with access to a vehicle for business travel purposes
- A satisfactory police criminal and judicial matters check is a requirement for this position
HOURS OF WORK:
*35 hours per week with hours scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
* A rotational On-call and work after a normal shift or on days off are required
All qualified City of Waterloo employees may apply, however during the selection process there is a specific sequence that will be followed. Members of the City of Waterloo Staff Association who have completed their probationary period in their most recent position will be considered first for this posting. Please note that members who have recently completed a secondment must complete a twelve (12) month period in their base position before they are eligible to apply for a new secondment.
Please note, if a secondment is filled by an external candidate, it will be deemed to be a contract position.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.