Program and Facility Associate
|Open Date||Jan 20 2019 - 09:00:00 AM||Close Date||Jun 30 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Program and Facility Associate||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||up to 24|
Program & Facility Associate (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: Part-time Program and Facility Associates assist with evening and weekend programming at City of Waterloo recreation facilities.
Rate of pay: $14.40 - $14.80
Primary Work locations: Adult Recreation Centre and Wing 404 Rotary Adult Centre
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week. Hours and schedules will vary depending on programming requirements and
may include evenings, weekends and holidays.*
- Oversee user groups and delivery of direct programming within the facility
- Provide excellent customer service to user groups
- Ensure participant payment at programs as required
- Prepare facilities for customer use as per program requirements including setups, removal of equipment and opening and closing facilities
- Perform custodial and light housekeeping duties as required
- Maintain a clean, safe environment and identify and report any safety hazards or damage to equipment or the facility
- Some secondary school education or equivalent
- Experience in a customer service environment; recreational facility experience an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other members of the Program and Facility team and City staff, as well as the general public
- Ability to work independently and organize work tasks with minimal direction
- Some proficiency in basic computer skills
- Standard First Aid/CPR (or willing to obtain within the first 6 months of employment)
- A current police criminal record check is a condition of hire
* Please note that this position requires access to reliable transportation as work hours are outside of public transportation operations. You may be required to work at other City of Waterloo locations.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached Supplementary Interview Information Form in one document when you apply. Resumes will be retained on file for six months and will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.