Customer Service Associate
|Open Date||Jan 02 2020 - 09:49:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Customer Service Associate||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
Customer Service Associates (Part-Time/Casual)
Position Description: Part-time Customer Service Associates are responsible for front line customer service and reception duties at recreation facilities within the City of Waterloo.
Rate of pay: $14.40 - $14.80
Primary Work locations: Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex or RIM Park Manulife Financial Sportsplex.*
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Work hours are subject to flexibility and change based on organizational needs.
RIM Park: Primary weekday hours are 4:00PM - 12:00AM and weekend hours are 6:00AM- 11:00PM.
WMRC: Primary weekday hours are 6:00AM- 11:00PM and weekend hours are 7:00AM- 9:30PM.
- Ensuring an exceptional customer experience for City of Waterloo facility guests.
- Addressing general inquiries from members of the public and helping to address any issues or concerns.
- Providing guests of our facilities with information about recreational programs, registration and revenue collection for various programs.
- Answering telephones and directing customers as required.
- Following all daily cash handling procedures, including reporting, while ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reconciling and balancing revenues, facility bookings, admissions and rentals.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for coworkers and the general public, including identifying and reporting any safety hazards or damage to the facility or equipment.
- Communicating and interacting effectively with other facility staff and coworkers.
- Opening and closing duties and other administrative tasks as required.
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- Experience providing front line customer service.
- Experience in handling cash and related administrative duties.
- Sound customer-service focus with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word). Previous experience using booking and registration software. (i.e. CLASS) would be considered an asset.
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check satisfactory to the city is required immediately upon hire.
Resumes will be retained on file for six months and will be reviewed on an as-needed basis. Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached Supplementary Interview Form in one document when you apply.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
* Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.