|Open Date||Apr 08 2019 - 08:00:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Aquatic Assistant||Posting Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||6-24 hours/week|
For Aquatic Assistants it is now closed for the fall. Accepting resumes now for Winter 2020 - Due by November 22/2019.
Join our team and have FUN in the water!
As an Aquatic Assistant, you will aide in the delivery of fun aquatic programming and maintain a safe environment.
Hours: Typically 6- 24 hours per week with shifts scheduled during evenings and weekends, subject to seasonal programming demands.
Primary Work Location: Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex (Swimplex), 101 Father David Bauer Drive
Rate of Pay: $14.20/hr
- Support delivery of aquatic programs and special events with a focus on delivering service excellence
- Act in compliance with Ontario Health Regulations, relevant legislation and operational guidelines
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Assist in the operation of the waterslide, wading pools and splash pads
- Provide assistance in accident prevention and public education
- May collect revenue on the pool deck for certain programs
- Perform minor first aid, maintenance and/or custodial duties as assigned
- With guidance from Instructor/Guards and Aquatics staff, assist with swim lesson planning, instruction, evaluation and communicate results to swim lesson patrons as required
- Provide a safe and clean pool area
- Must hold current Bronze Cross certification
- Must hold current Assistant Instructors certification, from either LSS, YMCA or Red Cross
- Must hold current Standard First Aid & CPR C certification (Red Cross, St. John’s or Lifesaving’s First Aid)
- Maintain fitness level and certification in accordance to Lifesaving Society standard
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to positively interact with patrons
- Experience volunteering in an aquatic capacity is an asset
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Aquatics skills will be screened prior to an interview
- Attendance at all staff training is mandatory
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the City is required immediately upon hire.
How to Apply:
Click on 'Apply Now' and follow the application instructions. Please upload your resume and cover letter in one file, and provide us with your LSS ID Number in your resume. You are required to complete and submit the "Supplementary Interview Information" form with your application. Please see attached.
Complete the contact information below and upload your application documents (cover letter, resume and Supplementary Interview Information form) as one file in the "Resume" field below. Please name your file using the following naming format: Lastname, Firstname. When finished, click Submit Application.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and retained on file for six (6) months. Vacancies will be filled as needed.
AttachmentsSupplementary Interview Info Form.pdf
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.