Food Services Associate (Part-time Casual)
|Open Date||Aug 18 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Food Services Associate (Part-time Casual)||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||6- 24|
|Salary Range||$16.15 - $16.65 per hour|
Food Services Associate (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: Recreation and Facility Services is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for concession food and beverage preparation and service at the City of Waterloo’s recreation facilities.
Rate of Pay: $16.15 - $16.65 per hour
Primary Work Location: RIM Park Manulife Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre
Hours of Work: Up to 24 hours per week including morning, evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Work hours are subject to flexibility and change based on organizational needs.
Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations. You may be required to work at other City of Waterloo locations.
• Prepare and serve food and beverages in a professional, efficient and healthy manner, including catering duties as assigned
• Respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, resolve customer concerns and complaints
• Daily cash handling and associated reporting; reconciling and balancing revenues
• Knowledge of and compliance with regulations and safe food handling procedures
• Maintaining a clean and sanitary work area
• Providing excellent customer service to the public
• Other related duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work experience in a customer service environment is an asset
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Safe food handling certification would be considered an asset
• Demonstrates a commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Excellent and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other members of the Food Services team and City staff, as well as the general public
• Solid mathematical and cash-handling skills
• A satisfactory police Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check will be required as a condition of hire
Online Application Process: Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume, and attached supplementary interview form in one document through the online application process. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and retained on file for six (6) months. Vacancies will be filled as needed.
Be You @ Waterloo: At the City of Waterloo, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. All interested and qualified candidates, including Indigenous persons, Black persons, non-Black racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ and those interested in joining our team are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation: The City of Waterloo is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation are available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position and competition number. Applicants advanced through to subsequent stages of the recruitment process will be provided with additional opportunities to make their needs known.