Program and Facility Associate- Bechtel Park
|Open Date||Apr 29 2019 - 04:11:00 PM||Close Date||May 24 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Program and Facility Associate- Bechtel Park||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||up to 24|
Program & Facility Associate (Part Time/Casual)
Program & Facility Associate – Bechtel Park
Position Description: Part-time Program and Facility Associates assist with administrative, customer service, and custodial duties at the City of Waterloo at the Manulife Financial Soccer and Sports Center (Bechtel Park).
Rate of pay: $14.40 - $14.80 per hour
Primary Work locations: Bechtel Park – Manulife Soccer and Sports Centre, 185 Bridge St W.
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Work hours are subject to flexibility and change based on organizational needs.
Primary weekday hours of operation are 4:30PM – 12:30AM, and primary weekend hours are 7:00AM – 12:00AM. Occasional weekday daytime hours will be available as well.
- Oversee user groups programming within the facility
- Provide excellent customer service to user groups
- Prepare facilities for customer use as per program requirements including setups, removal of equipment and opening and closing facilities
- Ensure participant payment at programs as required
- Perform custodial and housekeeping duties
- Maintain a clean, safe environment and identify and report any safety hazards or damage to equipment or the facility
- Secondary school education or equivalent
- Experience in a customer service environment; recreational facility experience an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other members of the Program and Facility team and City staff, as well as the general public
- Ability to work independently and organize work tasks with minimal direction
Proficiency with basic computer skills and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word). Previous experience using booking and registration software would be considered an asset.
- Standard First Aid/CPR (or willing to obtain within the first 6 months of employment)
- A current Police Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the City is required immediately upon hire. We recommend that you initiate this process as soon as possible if you do not have a current police check.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached Supplementary Interview Form to indicate availability in one document when you apply.
*Please note that these positions require access to reliable transportation as work hours may be outside of public transportation operations.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.