|Open Date||Aug 09 2019 - 09:04:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 27 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Line Cook||Posting Type||Casual Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||Up to 24 hours/week|
|Salary Range||$14-$14.40 per hour|
Line Cook (Part Time/Casual)
Position Description: Recreation and Facility Services is seeking qualified individuals who will be responsible for consistent, efficient and healthy food preparation to support concession and restaurant operations at the City of Waterloo’s recreation facilities.
Rate of pay: $14.00 - $14.40
Primary Work locations: RIM Park Manulife Financial Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre*
Hours of work: Up to 24 hours per week including evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Understands and ensures compliance with safe food handling procedures
- Maintains a clean, sanitary and organized work area
- Consistently produces quality products by adhering to specifications and standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe operating and maintenance procedures for all kitchen equipment
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries and requests and works to resolve customer concerns and complaints in an effective manner
- Other related duties as assigned
- Some secondary school education or equivalent
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Minimum of 1 year of related experiences in a food services environment
- Safe food handling certification or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other members of the Food Services team and City staff, as well as the general public
- A current Police Record and Judicial Matters Check satisfactory to the City is required immediately upon hire.
* Please note that this position requires access to reliable transportation as work hours are outside of public transportation operations. You may be required to work at other City of Waterloo locations.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and the attached Supplementary Interview Information Form in one document when you apply. Resumes will be retained on file for six months and will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
The City of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.